DeliverLean Foundation is committed to helping the most vulnerable and underserved populations in South Florida by providing meals to those who need it most during this unprecedented and rapidly changing time of increased demand during the COVID-19 global pandemic.
During public health crises like the COVID-19 outbreak, our most underserved populations like kids and seniors are impacted on a daily basis and their worlds turned upside down. Schools, youth centers and senior living facilities are now closed thus reducing immediate access to meals they depend on regularly.
What We’re Doing To Help:
- In partnership with NBA Hall-of-Famer, Alonzo Mourning and The Overtown Youth Center, DeliverLean will be providing free breakfast and lunch at Gibson Park for kids and families in need. Meals will be offered on a first come, first served basis every Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 9am and 12pm.
- In cooperation with Miami-Dade County, we are deploying thousands of meals daily to our most at risk seniors.
- We’re creating jobs and hiring people from the local hospitality industry that have recently found themselves unemployed.
- We’re working with our purveyors to buy locally sourced ingredients when possible to support local agriculture.
- We’ve launched an expansive food drive initiative to collect non-perishable food items from South Florida homes in order to expand our distribution locations with Alonzo Mourning and the Overtown Youth Center so we can reach more families in need.
To help us expand our reach to more communities and continue to provide food to those who need it most, we’ve launched the
DELIVERLEAN FOUNDATION COVID-19 RESPONSE FUND.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
DeliverLean Foundation is a subsidiary of Lean Culinary Services LLC and is a limited purpose enterprise designed to give back to the community in times of need. DeliverLean and all subsidiaries are for-profit organizations and not 501(c)(3). All donations made will be used to support the daily operation of our charitable efforts in the community. Donations made are not tax deductible.